Languages

Menu
Sites
Language
SSH Client/Server for SM-R760

Hello,

once again I'm at the very end of a line of people, where knowledge of the wearables abilities degrades when ability to call out new featrues increases. Right now the other end of that line from my point of view decided, that "every linux can do ssh, so the smartwatch must be able to do it too".

I do already know that there isn't a ssh client nor a server at the wearable (one of the first things I did when I got my hands at it was trying to ssh to it), but I'm still not certain that this is something that could be added in one way (or another). Yet I didn't found any topics about this problem, or any apps that could do this. The API does have a section about communication that is ever growing with every Tizen OS Major release added, but even in 4.0.0 there is no SSH.

I will never try to root a device that has no removable filesystem storage (and not cable!), so the ony way I could be done would be kind of official... And not beeing a superuser at the watch, I cant simple smuggle an openSSL package inside and install it silently.

So for the final question: is there ANY way to have that watch creating outgoing ssh connections (and receive incomming ones)? No, the VPN Stuff listed inside the API wont count.

Responses

7 Replies
K Johnson

So far I've searched on web I also couldn't find any SSH client and server setup in Tizen 4.0 specifically for wearable. Hope this may come with next Tizen version.

According to my understanding, you may use OpenSSL to encrypt your message in Tizen. Please go through below link:

https://developer.tizen.org/dev-guide/2.4/org.tizen.tutorials/html/native/base/sqlite_tutorial_n.htm

Robert Kaiser

Dear Mr. Johnson,

thats somehow ironic; the requirements for OpenSSH are installed at the device already (openSSL), but the SSH Client isnt. I guess there isn't some kind of list about what feature is going to appear in the next set of releases, isn't it?

Beside this... would somebody who holds platform level API privileges be able to add external libraries to provide his own set of functions?

K Johnson

What do you mean by own set of functions? Would you please explain it?

Robert Kaiser

Well, the most basic thought I'm carrying around is this: Tizen is a Linux after all. If I want to add new functions I would make a lib and install it using the package manager. That is something that I cannot do at the Gear, I think. But it would solve any problems of features not available for us... we even could add own libs, which would be the "own set of functions" I talked about.

K Johnson

Hi Robert Kaiser,

According to my understanding, you may try adding shared object library into your project. Please follow the steps in below link:

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/41541986/how-to-add-so-file-in-tizen

Peter Wegner

Samsung released Tizen 3 Source Code... CQL1...

http://opensource.samsung.com

Maybe you can find something usefull...

Only as info...

Btw.

Gear S3 is commercial device... this is 1 reason why so many limitations...

Best Regards

hp support number

Wonderful illustrated information. I thank you about that. No doubt it will be very useful for my future projects